Sunday, December 13, 2009

Not Much to Say

As the title says, there really isn't much to say.  So, this post will be brief.  I haven't done a lot in the past few weeks.  I finally moved in with Katelyn seven floors up.  The apartment is the same layout as my old one.  I changed rooms, though, and surprisingly it is a lot bigger.  I've got the decoration works going which includes pictures from home, a bamboo mat on the wall, a Cass (beer) poster with two of my favorite Korean celebrities and yes, a Korean flag (in case I wake up one morning and forget where I am).  Living with Katelyn, so far, has been a lot of fun.  We get along great, and it will definitely be a lot of fun!


Since Katelyn's birthday, I haven't done a lot of traveling.  I did decide, however, to travel back to Osaka for New Years.  Of course, Jo, my traveling buddy, is going with me.  It should be a lot of fun.  The plane tickets were not that expensive-- that is, nothing I can't afford to pay off in one month's salary.  


Speaking of Jo, we celebrated her birthday a week or so ago.  Below are some pictures of that.  This past weekend, though, Candace, Ben, and Brad were all in Gwangju.  I worked with them my first couple of weeks and month of being in Korea.  Brad (as mentioned before) lives near Seoul, Ben lives in Mok Po, and Candace is currently living in the States but visiting for a month.  We had a good time this weekend. We had a big house-warming/ECC reunion party.  A lot of people came and it was a lot of fun.  We then went downtown, had some drinks, mingled, and called it an early night.


So, yeah.  That's a quick summary of my past couple of weeks.  I now get off work at 8:40pm every night so that is exciting.  No more staying at work until 10:00pm!  


Christmas is approaching and that's really exciting!  I'm going to miss my family but I'm interested to see how my first Christmas away from home is going to go.  I have got to mail off my box of gifts this week in hopes they will make it home in time for Santa's Day.  I just bought and sent my first Christmas presents home today, so I'm super excited about my family getting those.


Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well! Miss you all and a more in-depth post will be published after New Years and Christmas.


 
Wearing our cool, new toboggans.

 

Jo and I


Me, Ashley, and Katelyn at Jo's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment