Sunday, January 31, 2010

Higher Education and Nivea Lip Care

Finally, the day came and we said goodbye to Sam and Stephanie.  I am so happy for them and I wish them the best of luck in their travels.  It won't be long until Katelyn and I are traveling to California next summer to attend their wedding :)  

Not a lot has been going on, so this post will be brief.  I can't remember if I told you in the post (and I very well could go back and see, but I'm lazy), but I have applied for The New School's Masters Program in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.  Everything is almost submitted, so in a few months or so I'll know if I've been accepted into their program.  It is an online program and the school is located in New York.  As my dad always told me (and I thoroughly agree), you can never go wrong with higher education. Currently, I'm still working on my TESOL certificate and I'm over three-quarters finished.

In two weeks, Katelyn, Brad, and I are going to Busan.  It's Korea's Lunar New Year holiday so we're going there to celebrate and tour the city. I'm really excited because as said earlier, I want to eventually live there.  Plus, you can never go wrong with living near a beach. In September, our school gave us nine days off for Chusok, so Katelyn and I decided to go to Bangkok and Phuket, Thailand.  We've booked our round-trip flight from Bankgkok to Phuket.  Our plane tickets were $57 each-- so CHEAP! Our round-trip tickets from Seoul to Bangkok are extremely cheap, too.  We have them reserved at $461 through our travel agent.  Normally, tickets to Bangkok can run anywhere from $600-$800, sometimes more. So, it's nice to have that scheduled and we're both looking forward to it.


Intensives are finally over. But the payout will be nice in two weeks.  So, no more waking up early-- except Monday (tomorrow), and probably many days this coming month.  Why? Well, I am the MC for the Kinder Graduation Program at ECC.  The kids all put on dances and songs, as well as the teachers.  So, although interesting and more than likely embarrassing, I'm sure I'll get some videos to post after.  


And with that I leave you.  But before I close, I want to share with you a very popular Korean commercial about Nivea Lip Chapstick.  I was a sucker and bought some because the ever-so-popular Brown-Eyed Girls sing a very catchy song which makes Katelyn and I want to dance.  Below is the video.  And if you're wondering, the chapstick is wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment